{Back to Work...Already?}


No, no...I haven't quite given up on housewifery (um, not even close!). I did, however, join Jean for work last Saturday. For the last two weeks he's been renovating the porch of a DC rowhouse, and thought that he might be able to use me. Little did he know, I have outgrown the manual, outdoor labor period in my life. He quickly learned.

The first hour was perfect. I spent it in the car, with the heat on, reading a scrapbook magazine. Needless to say, it got harder from there. I spent most of the rest of the morning sanding paint off of the porch and vacuuming up after Jean (Hey! I definitely know how to do THAT!). I also got to hold boards as he screwed them together to build the new porch railings - woohoo! The highlight of the morning (other than the Chipotle lunch I was rewarded with for helping) was when Jean let me cut the old porch railings so they could be removed. Jealous much? :-)


It may look like I have a clue, but trust me, I lived up to every pathetic stereotype of women imaginable.



Jean was kind enough to get video footage. I don't think that Sawzall will be calling on me to be their new spokesperson anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment