Resolutions & Goals: Part I

Happy Lent, Everyone!

I find that I tend to get more accomplished when I write things down, so I'm a natural list person, be it my short-term, daily to-do list or my long-term New Year's resolutions. This series of posts will be a collaboration of my New Year's Resolutions, my weekly goals (in the spirit of the oh-so-inspiring Alicia over at Alicia's Homemaking), and my Lenten goals.

I keep running lists in the 'Notes' app on my iPhone including my main to-do list, trip packing list, books to buy/check out, songs to purchase, menus, grocery/shopping lists, gifts to give, etc. and find that without these at my fingertips 24/7 I would be lost!

Is anyone else out there using this time to refocus, refresh, or make (or break!) a few habits? What things are you hoping to accomplish this week/month/year? Stay tuned to see what's on my list each week, and post your goals in the comments!


Weekly Goals (the out-of-the-ordinary items I'd like to accomplish this week)
  • Exercise at least 3x
  • Keep up-to-date on daily Lenten Bible readings (via YouVersion)
  • Make a batch of No-Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Bars
  • Complete March menu plan
  • Clean out medicine cabinet
  • Finish knitting balaclava for Jean, blanket for our friends Janice & Kevin's peanut, and at least 2 dishcloths
  • Organize spice drawer
  • Organize utensil drawer
  • Find 3 Acts of Service that I can do for Jean to make his week a little easier

Lenten Changes (things I'm refocusing during the Lenten season)
  • Complete all daily Lenten Bible Readings (via YouVersion) on time
  • No snacking! 3 modest meals a deal with nothing solid in between
  • Actively speak Jean's 'Love Languages' (Physical Touch & Acts of Service) more often and more effectively

2012 Resolutions & Goals (the 'big-ticket' items I/we would like to accomplish this year)
  • Buy a home
  • Move to my parents' town (hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone for #1 & 2!)
  • Conceive our first child
  • Scrapbook our wedding
  • Scrapbook our honeymoon
  • Learn to crochet
  • Learn to knit socks
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment