{To Michigan and Back}

We're back! Last Thursday us Finstads packed up Windy the Jeep and hit the road to Michigan for our friends Betsy and Ryan's wedding, in which Jean was a groomsman. Here's a little taste of what it's like to travel with Jean and I:

9:15 AM - We're off!
9:25 AM - 'Man, I could really use some Starbucks...'
9:30 AM - 'Ummm, I'll have a grande Pike Place original roast'
9:35 AM - 'OK, let's go! No more stops!'
10:15 AM - 'We need gas. And breakfast. Sheetz?'
10:45 AM - 'I'm never eating again...'
11:00 AM - (VeggieTales Silly Songs CD plays in the background)
2:00 PM - Stop at Sbarro for gross pizza
6:10 PM - 'So. This is Michigan?'
6:11 PM - 'What the heck is with the no left turns in this dumb state?!'
6:13 PM - 'What's a 'Coney'?'
6:15 PM - Yaaaay! Our hotel!


After checking in to the hotel we researched places to eat and decided on 'Nikolas', where the broasted chicken is mutant.
Seriously, the portions are so huge, and the prices so low, it's a compulsive eater's dream and us fat kids' nightmare. Have a gander at my APPETIZER plate of chicken wings, AFTER I had eaten my fill (I was able to eat a whopping FOUR wings). Maybe I shouldn't have filled up on gross Sbarro.



Friday we were able to meet up with our always-lovely NSA buddy Sarah D'Agostino for more Starbucks (what a treat!), though unfortunately the visit was cut a bit short due to sickie lil'uns. Friday night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner where we finally got to see the bride and groom, as well as the rest of the wedding party.

On Saturday, we slept. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I slept that late. Sitting on our butts in the car finally caught up with us! Jean met up with the rest of the groomsmen to 'get ready' (whatever THAT means for guys) while I hung at the hotel. The beautiful ceremony was at 4:30, followed by the gorgeous reception at the Henry Ford Museum at 6:15. If you ever get the chance to visit the museum - DO EEET! SO much fun stuff to see and do. Look mom, I'm a hot dog at the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile Exhibit!

Sunday found us at the home of the bride's parents for a brunch, then back on the road! The trip back was...ahem...not quite as 'quick and easy' as the trip there. That's one LONG drive! We're were oh-so-thankful to see our wee apartment again, as well as our very own pillows.




Eee! That's us!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming out to share our wedding day with us! We really appreciate the time and effort you guys took to be with us. I know it's an awful drive...I wish they could just build a bridge over Ohio or something. Who needs that state, anyways?

    ReplyDelete