Week in Review: March 11

We're now 2 1/2 months into 2012 and almost halfway through Lent, so how is everyone doing with their weekly/Lenten/New Year's goals and resolutions?  Anyone else having trouble?  I slipped a little this past week and didn't do so well with my goals, but that's what this coming week is for, right?  And hey, now I have an extra hour of daylight in which to accomplish my list!  Below is how the week went for me . . . how did you do? 

Weekly Goals (week of March 4)
* Empty & clean 2 bookshelves, board game shelf, and DVD shelf
* Donate (at least) 3 pieces of clothing We ended up donating FOUR BAGS of clothes and shoes to Goodwill!
* Make a Goodwill drop off
*Complete 2x honeymoon scrapbook pages I got them organized . . . but not completed
* Work out 3x Again, I didn't complete 3 intentional workouts, but I'm going to count this as completed after doing some serious muscle-work this week.  I planted our entire garden, as well as hand-washed ALL of our laundry (our washer is broken!), and these both left me so sore!
* 3 Acts of Service for Jean  1- Planting our garden / 2- Hand washing laundry so Jean can put 'fixing the washer' at the bottom of his priority list while still having clean clothes / 3- Making doctor's appointments
* Clean out medicine cabinet
* Complete all daily Lenten Bible Readings (via YouVersion)
* Make grocery list
* Make the once-monthly grocery run to Aldi
* Finish Janice & Kevin's baby blanket #2 I haven't finished the blanket, but I did start and finish half of a set of booties for them!
* Finish (start!) the scarf I was hired to knit


Lenten Changes (things I'm refocusing during the Lenten season)
Still plugging along and enjoying all three!
* Complete all daily Lenten Bible Readings (via YouVersion) on time
* No snacking! 3 modest meals a deal with nothing solid in between. Also, no meat on Fridays. I ate meat this Friday.  Whoops.
* Actively speak Jean's 'Love Languages' (Physical Touch & Acts of Service) more often and more effectively


2012 Resolutions & Goals (the 'big-ticket' items I/we would like to accomplish this year)
* Buy a home Taxes are DONE, the official IRS-filed copy just has to be submitted to our mortgage guy.
* Move to my parents' town (hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone for #1 & 2!)
* Conceive our first child We had our first appointment with Dominion Fertility this past Monday, and received some not-so-promising news.  Regardless, we're leaning on our faith and starting the testing and treatment processes.
* Scrapbook our wedding
* Scrapbook our honeymoon I ordered and received our honeymoon prints, and organized the first two scrapbook pages.
* Learn to crochet
* Learn to knit socks
See how OK we look at the fertility clinic, even with all of the baby photos behind us?

Since I didn't do so well this past week, a lot of items will be repeated in this coming week's challenge. Stay tuned to see how I do, and be sure to leave me a comment letting me know what you're working on this week/month/Lent/year!


Weekly Goals (week of March 11)
* Empty & clean 2 bookshelves, board game shelf, and DVD shelf
* Complete 2x honeymoon scrapbook pages 
* Work out 3x 
* Bake St. Patrick's Day goodies for the NSA TwST meeting that I co-lead (this Tuesday)
* 3 Acts of Service for Jean 
* Clean out medicine cabinet
* Complete all daily Lenten Bible Readings (via YouVersion)
* Finish Janice & Kevin's baby blanket #2, one pair of booties, and finish (start!) a scarf for the NSA Live Auction in July.
* Deep clean both the kitchen and bathroom floors

No comments:

Post a Comment