Week in Review: March 18


We're halfway through Lent!  I've found it easier to stick to some goals (Bible reading) than others (working out), but I'm still plugging along.  How are all of you doing with your weekly/Lenten/yearly goals and resolutions?  Here's how I've been doing:

Weekly Goals (week of March 11)
* Empty & clean 2 bookshelves, board game shelf, and DVD shelf  I emptied and cleaned our big bookshelf, and organized the others
* Complete 2x honeymoon scrapbook pages I've started! I'll be making a trip to the local scrapbook store this week to purchase the finishing embellishments
* Work out 3x Just one run/walk on the treadmill, in addition to the regular hand-washing laundry (all of it, still!) and gardening
* Bake St. Patrick's Day goodies for the NSA TwST meeting that I co-lead (this Tuesday) Nope!  Good thing, since we only had one teen show up this time :(
* 3 Acts of Service for Jean Just one . . . acting as a spare set of eyes for Jean at work.  Finding out of the ordinary acts is proving more difficult than I thought!
* Clean out medicine cabinet
* Complete all daily Lenten Bible Readings (via YouVersion)
* Finish Janice & Kevin's baby blanket #2, one pair of booties, and finish (start!) a scarf for the NSA Live Auction in July. Finished the Telfer's baby blanket #2, as well as a hat, two plush toys, and two pairs of mitts for them, in addition to starting a second hat.
* Deep clean both the kitchen and bathroom floors Jean took my mop to his job site, and I haven't seen it since :)


Even with our recent fertility issues, I'm loving working on this
'Welcome Baby Telfer' care package for our dear friends in Scotland!




Lenten Changes (things I'm refocusing during the Lenten season)
Still going well!
* Complete all daily Lenten Bible Readings (via YouVersion) on time
* No snacking! 3 modest meals a deal with nothing solid in between. Also, no meat on Fridays. 
* Actively speak Jean's 'Love Languages' (Physical Touch & Acts of Service) more often and more effectively


2012 Resolutions & Goals (the 'big-ticket' items I/we would like to accomplish this year)
I can't wait to cross any one of these items off of this list!
* Buy a home 
* Move to my parents' town (hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone for #1 & 2!)
* Conceive our first child
* Scrapbook our wedding
* Scrapbook our honeymoon 
* Learn to crochet
* Learn to knit socks


Weekly Goals (week of March 18)
* Complete 2x honeymoon scrapbook pages
* Work out 3x 
* Start April menu  
* 3 Acts of Service for Jean
* Clean out plastic drawers in bathroom
* Complete all daily Lenten Bible Readings (via YouVersion)
* Finish Janice & Kevin's baby booties, and finish (start!) a scarf for the NSA Live Auction in July.
* Deep clean both the kitchen and bathroom floors
* Bake treats for lunches/desserts

No comments:

Post a Comment